We have been developing our internal rendering engine for nearly 10 years. We designed its architecture in a very solid and modular way. This makes it easily extendable, allowing us to keep its features constantly state-of-the-art, while keeping it stable and efficient.
Based on a modern scene graph approach, it offers all the trendy technologies that are required to offer the high picture quality while maintaining the frame rate high. Completely shader-driven, the renderer relies on Microsoft Direct3D 11, making the technology compatible with all recent versions of Windows starting (Vista/7/8).
It offers the following features:
- deferred rendering pipeline for unlimited number of lights
- ambient occlusion
- high quality smooth shadows with high range (5000m)
- HDR and gamma-correct lighting (linear-space)
- anti-aliasing (MSAA / FXAA)
- scriptable particles system
- animation and skinning (characters)
- atmosphere and sky simulation (including per pixel visibility distance control)
- volumetric clouds
- 3rd party components integration
- Lua scripting support
- Bullet physic engine integration (including soft bodies)
The 3D engine is the foundation of our IG software, which is in use in 25+ sites around the world (including military), proving its robustness and stability.